Still, cross your arms with the long face and one raised eyebrow? You might be in a great dilemma as to why should you choose Bamboo Toothbrush over Plastic Toothbrush.
Here are three broad pointers which will clear your mind and narrow your thoughts to one choice:
- The problem of plastic
- Problems faced with plastic toothbrushes
- Leads of Bamboo Toothbrushes over Plastic Toothbrushes
The Problem of Plastic
We already know that plastic is a very cheap, versatile, and valuable resource in plenty of ways and also that plastic has covered its trademark across the globe. However, as we see, it had created a much disposable lifestyle, and more than 50% of plastic is just thrown after use. Straws, bottles, coffee cups, plastic bags, cutlery, cotton buds….this list is a long one indeed due to the various alternative uses of plastic.
However this is widely known that plastic pollution is an unsustainable waste of that resource causing serious environmental damage, so this is a prime reason for us to switch towards a sustainable lifestyle using natural products such as Bamboo Toothbrushes and make the world a better place with Vetas.
Why not a plastic toothbrush?
Polypropylene is the product that constructs a plastic toothbrush with nylon-made bristles procured from non-renewable fossil fuels. So basically this product is undoubtedly indestructible causing constant pollution each time it is thrown or being manufactured.
Each year more than a million toothbrushes are manufactured and just dumped into oceans or heaps of garbage in landfills where they will be sitting for more than 1000 years without breaking down, this non-biodegradable trait causes tremendous pollution towards our Mother Earth.
Bamboo > plastic
Bamboo toothbrushes are at the level to be termed an eco-friendly alternative due to their natural content and full biodegradable nature. Being a renewable and sustainable resource it is also one of the quickest growing plants which can leave us with a relaxed mind with the fact that it will not diminish. The Bamboo used in Vetas is completely organic and 100% natural without adulteration of any sort, also the bristles are made with pure charcoal giving a smooth and soft sensation while brushing. The most effective lead of bamboo toothbrushes is that they can cure gum illnesses or open wounds in gums making it more than just a toothbrush. Bamboo plants don’t need fertilizers, irrigation, or pesticides for their growth as it grows naturally without prying into other biotic lives.
Last but not least bamboo toothbrushes also need to be disposed of, but it doesn’t impact our environment as they can be fully biodegradable proving to be immensely beneficial to the soil.
Apart from these three broad pointers, there can several reasons which prove that Bamboo Toothbrushes are the best alternative to usual plastic toothbrushes,
- Bamboo Toothbrushes pose as highly eco-friendly –One of the real reasons why Bamboo is much worthier than plastic is its eco-friendly trait, this is why most consumers are taking nature’s side. In recent years the world’s plastic usage has crossed limits and is now becoming a problematic scenario that needs to be lifted on short notice. It is already been estimated that more than 58 million tons of plastic might end up in the ocean annually polluting all aquatic life, the production of plastic is also highly toxic as it releases poisonous gases like mercury, dioxins, and polychlorinated biphenyls. The production of bamboo, on the other hand, is considered to be highly nature friendly and it never requires the release of gases or harmful chemicals, unlike plastic.
- Bamboo Toothbrushes are equally effective as plastic Brushes –Here is a very common question asked by many consumers, “How effective is my bamboo toothbrush against plastic ones? The removal of nylon bristles from wooden toothbrushes posed many consumers to question if these brushes are worth it, however, these nylon bristles needed to be replaced by charcoal ones which proved to be highly effective and soft on gums and even dental professionals stand by the fact that these bristles are perfect for use.
- They are equally long-lasting as a traditional toothbrush –So if the scenario of longevity pops up it is clear that a wooden toothbrush lasts equally long as a plastic toothbrush. However, it can be used for a much longer time if used with the proper directions and maintained. It is important to clean and swab toothbrushes as well as recommended by The American Dental Association. The best part of it being worn out is that if thrown or discarded it will prove to be good manure for the soil.
- Is it safe to use Wooden Toothbrushes?– Here is a question asked by every consumer switching to natural products for the first time, they have been using traditional plastic toothbrushes for such a long time it has created a biased image in their minds. To break the stereotype it is a proven fact that bamboo toothbrushes are naturally antimicrobial which makes them less prone to bacteria or microbe infestation.
We can understand that switching to total natural hygiene with natural products like wooden toothbrushes seems to be a personal one.
It is also much more commonly seen that customers complain about the slightly increased budget for Bamboo brushes than plastic ones, the question that comes up is whether it is worth the penny. This increase in cost proves to switching to natural products is a bit difficult for consumers.
The final adjustment lies with you, if you are willing to make the effort to live a healthy and sustainable life the surf in prices will not prove to be a problem. Bamboo toothbrushes might be a bit costlier but is just as safe and effective as our traditional plastic ones.
The main difference is that wooden brushes leave a smaller carbon footprint than plastic ones being easily recyclable and biodegradable.
So will you be interested to make that change from plastic to natural?